Sunday, March 22, 2015

Seeking Mentor

There are plenty of mentors out there for my masterpiece including my dad and my boss for umpiring. My dad, being a sports official, can relate to the criticism from the mistakes he's made in officiating football. Although he officiates football and I umpire baseball, he goes through the same process. He is a great mentor because he officiates at high level, and is working his way to the NFL. He has shared a lot of his experiences with me and they have helped me so far. My boss alone is my mentor as well in which he helps me with the mechanics and rules of the game of baseball. Although I have those two mentors, I would like to have a mentor who is at a higher league in baseball umpiring. I would talk to him about his experiences and what I should do differently so that I can be better and possibly move up from league to league. 

No comments:

Post a Comment